Monday, May 02, 2011

Well, not so bad

Here it is, 9:00, and everything is calm. Our nephew came by today for a short visit and that was enjoyable. His wife and children were with him. They have all changed in the last year and a half or so since we've seen them. I tried to take some pictures but couldn't figure out how to get the shutter control out of delay mode and the kids wouldn't stay still long enough for the camera to take the shot. I'll see if I got anything where we can see the kids later. I did look up a users manual on the internet and downloaded it to get the timer problem cured. I had inadvertently pushed a button that I didn't notice it when it happened. All in all, I'd say today was kinda boring after a few morning flare ups. but  that is good right now. Boring is calm. We went  to Walmart for some groceries and I just knew Cathy was gonna rag me about wanting some plants but I let her be by herself in the craft isle while I went and picked out the groceries. Canned tuna fish, sandwich stuff and frozen heat-em up dinners and sausage with biscuits. Don't forget the eggs. My best dish that doesn't go in the microwave with instructions. I am aware there are devices for cooking eggs in the microwave but I think frying them is better.  The pan is teflon coated and I don't have to wash it every time I use it. I just wipe it out real good while its still hot with a paper towel. I do wash the dishes when ever they get a pile of them but we mostly use styrofoam plates and plastic spoons. The frozen dinners have their own plate/tray to eat out of so that chore doesn't cause too much of a problem. I had things where I could do a better job at the place in Mississippi. This place is just a mess. the kitchen was remodeled by a drunk about 20  years ago and never finished. The counter top sets loosely on an assortment of jury rigged cabinet frame that has no front and a stand alone cabinet from the 40s or 50 holding up the very end of it. And the drain just runs out on the ground so I have to wipe the the scraps and bits of food off or out of anything I wash to keep from making a big mess outside. Its just a lot easier to not use things that need washing too much. well, boring means nothing much happened to talk about and I don't want to dig into anything problematic for me so I'm gonna have a little smoke, play some solitaire and go to bed whenever I can talk Cathy into it.          Good night.

No comments: