Saturday, May 21, 2011

saturday's alright

  Not counting the noise in my head, today has been a relatively easy day. I got a little short tempered with Cathy when I took her to Walmart but that blew over pretty quickly. I stopped at Churches and got her some chicken. It is good for her to get things to eat that don't go from freezer to microwave.Did I say I'm a terrible cook? Eggs are the best thing I cook and theres no guarantee any two will turn out the same. Anyway, I had to get new batteries for my MP3 player. It is very hard for me to go out amongst people without something to listen to besides the noise in my head and the chaos that the rest of the world sounds like.
  Cathy is pretty weak today. Her tooth, or the place where her tooth got pulled from, is bothering her. Besides taking M S Contin, Lyrica, Xanax, and a Loritab, I am keeping hot compresses on it when she's awake. She passed out on the way back from the store. I had to do most of the work getting her from the van seat to her wheel chair. She came around after getting inside the house enough to eat her chicken. I kept an eye on her to make sure she didn't pass out again and/or choke on her food.
  I need to make better arraignment for her seating because when she's in her seat, I can't keep an eye on her very well. I want to take one of the rotating seat pedestals and move it to the front passenger seat and relocate it a little so the seat can spin around when pulled back and then be in a near normal position when locked in place so the shoulder belts will hold her in when she loses consciousness. The rear seats don't have anything but a lap belt. I've been thinking about leaving the rear captain chairs out and get a ramp to just roll her, chair and all up into the van and then just move her from the wheel chair the her seat and spin her around and lock in place. And I still need to fix the brakes. I should work on a plan to do that, fix the brakes. They are more important that rearranging the seats. Gotta go move around a little to ease my back. Later.

No comments: