Saturday, May 07, 2011

Two days down the road

  Yesterday wasn't a good day. I tend to over react when people with their systems that are supposed to help people turn out to be more for the people running them and the people funding them than the people they are there to help. Its one more way of saying, " Look what we are doing to help you." but keep the people that need the services the most away there-by making sure they don't have to spend the money on the poor but can build baseball stadiums in Mississippi and ice hocky stadiuns in Florida. All the things that attrack people with money while telling the poor powerless peoplehalf truths and lies about how they're doing so much for them. All they are doing is keeping them poor and using the prision- industrial system to keep them in line and prevent their voice from being counted at voting time so the people that need some change most from upsetting their little cart of goodies that only they and their chosen circles get access to. They cut funding for education, knowing full well that an educated public isn't as likely to follow their rhetoric and believe their half truths and lies as one that doesn't have a good education. The education given our children in the public school system is almost worthless. My son graduated on the honor roll from highschool and doesn't posess the knowledge that I learned just on the edge of what was acceptable at the junior high level when I went to school. I got a better education with failing grades three years behind the grade level of where my son graduated with honors. And its not because he is lacking in inteligence either. He's just as smart as I am. Maybe a little smarter since he had the good sense to work where the physical load isn't one that will break you down before your time. But he doesn't have the problems with anger and social skills that I do so it seems to be a lot easier for him to fit in and prosper within the "normal" world. I'm glad for him. I just wish I could have done a better job of  raising him and thers no telling where he could have gone. He had scholarships available after he graduated HS but wouldn't take advantage of them.
  Sometimes, I don't know how I'm gonna do this. Cathy is so needy, and persistant enough that she won't be ignored when she wants something. She does what I call "loud talking". She'll sit in her bed just going on and on about whatever it is she wants or wants to do and makes sure the phrases like "it wouldn't hurt you to ?" are loud enough for me to hear in the next room. If i ignore her long enough, she'll struggle and get herself up enough to get to the bedroom door and see where I am and what am I doing. She puts herself at risk of falling and hurting herself when doing that so I don't ignore her unless I'm in a state of mind where it's either best I don't respond to her or sometimes, I just can't. Hell, sometimes I have to just beg her to let me be. She needs someone that has a better grip on themselves to take care of her but I'm all she has when it comes down to it. Gotta go.

No comments: