Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday

  I had to check the day/date on the computer this morning. I'm not having a good day already. Some of it is interesting though. I have been trying to figure out how to make a desktop printer to print directly to a T-shirt.  I know that Dupont makes textile inks for this purpose and that there are others that have done this. My biggest problem is that I don't know enough about the electronic parts and pieces that are used and what the parts I think I would need to piece into the machine are called or if they even exist. I'm sure they exist. There is a guy selling a setup with instructions for instalation to do everything I want added electronicaly to the machine. This is not a new project to me. I have been thinking about it for years. I even built one that doesn't work. I'm pretty sure I shorted out and electrical sensor that tells the printer weather or not there are ink cartridges loaded in the machine or not. That was a printer that cost almost $300 and while I have replaced it with a refurbished one, I hesitate to risk ruining another expenssive printer. My original one was pretty crude too. With having to take care of Cathy, my time for marketing custom photo printed T-shirts is limited, and my sales person ability is very low. This project has been on a back burner for some time now. Projects are something that are helpful for me to have something interesting to apply my mind to. I think. They may add to my irritability and frustration when I hit roadblocks because of my lack of eduaction and/or money. Failure is also hard for me to accept. Especialy for a project that has the possible financial implications that a T-shirt printer can have. If I can get one or more operating and have some sort of sales system that could deliver the orders to keep at least one machine busy for 8 hours a day, I could make a living again. Maybe not as much money as I did as an iron worker, after adjusting for the differences in the value of a dollar between then and now, but a modest living anyway. Boy, wouldn't that be a boost for my ego after so many years of either doing nothing or failing at whatever I would try. Hasn't been that many things I tried. Email marketing was a failure from the start and that was my fault. I quit after I recieved a lot of flame emails back. That was a roller coaster of emotions for a while then. I was successful as a roofer for a short while. I even got a Florida contractors license, which takes passing a two to three hour test. I worked and saved my money and bought air powered nail guns and compressors and had work coming all the time. My back would ache a lot but I could do the work and with the nail guns, I could do pretty good with putting out enough production to make decent money. Not very long after I bought an old dump truck for hauling off debris, I got rear ended in a car wreck. After that, I couldn't bend over for ten minutes before I would have to lay flat on my back for awhile because of pain. I did, for a while before all this, supplement Cathy's disability check with hauling scrap iron and junk cars and such but after the wreck that messed up my back. I couldn't lift and load anything heavy without suffering greatly so I had to even quit that. I did get into rebuilding cars from auctions and reselling them but wasn't making much money as slow as I was at getting anything done. Paying lawyers and DNA testing to keep my mothers other living son from stealing everything my mother left behind took up all the money I had to work with and paying him off for his share of the house after he had sold everything he could get his hands on took what little was left and had to trade my place in Mississippi in on the deal too. But Cathy had to have this house/dump for some stupid reason and I tried to tell her it was a dump and the things she was expecting to happen wouldn't. So I go back to dreaming up something new for me to do that isn't very painfull and I can find a way around having to deal with a lot of people.

No comments: