Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Well, I made it so far

Here it is, 8:30 and I'm caught up with everything I need to do for the night. I wasn't sure I would be able to do everything and get cleaned up for tomorrow but I did. Heck, thats two baths in less than a week. And shaves too. I had some problems making it though. Cathy started whining that she was getting hot. Today, and in the late afternoon too. I bit down and put the air conditioners in and got them working. We have two small window units. They don't weigh much but were just awkward  with the weight to give me some problems. Especialy the one for the bedroom. I had to carry it about twenty feet or so and lift it over shoulder height to put it in the window. Needless to say, thats the smaller of the two. And the one we just bought last year wouldn't work. I had to take it back out and fix it. That one is at the front porch so it wasn't too bad to work with even though it was a little heavier than the one in the bedroom.. It wasn't much but took me a while to figure it out. I took the front off and the switch panel but was having difficulty getting the plate covering the area where I was assuming the relays were so I got to thinking that it may be the circut breaker in the plug or even the plug itself so I quit trying top force my way into the guts of the machine and took the plug apart. There was water in the plug and it was causing the breaker to throw as soon as I would plug it up and wouldn't reset with the button. I dried it out as best I could and used WD-40 to displace as much water as I could and it worked for just long enough for me to be satisfied and put the unit back in the window. Then, when I pluged it back up , it started throwing the breaker again. I turned on the compressor and used air to blow dry it but it wasn't gonna work any more. So i just disabled the breaker and put it back together. Its been working fine without any smoke, steam or the plug with the disabled circuit breaker even getting warm. Its been a couple of hours running now and I'll continue to watch it. That makes me think I should go next door and get a smoke alarm.
BRB. Well, that was a wasted effort. And after a long day, walking all that way and back and they don't have any smoke alarms. I guess I'll just turn it off for over night and get one from the hardware ntomorrow wwhen I go see the doctor. Now I need to try to get settled and clear my mind so I will be able to get some sleep if I can talk Cathy into going to bed at 10:00. I will be listening to music and playing solitare till I can clear everything from my mind and go to bed so good night.

No comments: