Saturday, April 30, 2011

Another day

  Well, its 8:00 on a Saturday. Last night was rather uneventful. Cathy wants to go to the flea market today so I kinda bribed her and got her to go to bed about 11:30 or a little after by telling her she needed to rest up if she wanted to go to the flea market this morning and we need to do it in the morning because a lot of vendors close up in the afternoon. That worked pretty good and I only had to beg her to shut up and go to sleep a few times. i dread these flea market trips. She wants to go down every aisle and that's a lot of walking and it hurts to just be on my feet for a  while but covering the entire market takes a long time and a lot of walking. I will have to be sure to wait till near time to go and take a Xanax before leaving the house. That and my MP3 player will help cope with all the crowds and noise. One good thing about pushing Cathy around in her wheel chair is that she acts as a shield so people don't bump into me as much. Most people that is. Some of them will almost run over Cathy and her chair before even noticing theres anyone there. Sometimes I have a hard time not doing anything more that yelling at them to watch out. I do put the foot rests on whenever we go out to places where there will be a lot of people so that gives her a little more protection from careless idiots that walk around with their heads up their butts. Not much, but its better than her feet just dangling loose. Seems like the only places I go any more where there aren't to many people are the places that I don't have to get out of the van, except for having to get out to pump gas for it. Even the pharmacy has a drive up window. That led to some strange ideas. Remember the guy that lived without leaving his house and just lived with whatever he could get by ordering from the Internet and getting everything delivered? I wonder if I could get sponsors to do that with living in a van and never getting more than like 50 feet from it to empty the porta potty or maybe get one of those kinds that uses a dry bag and kitty litter and that way I could stay within like 10 feet of the van. Would only have to go outside to get fuel. And water. I would need to have some for washing up every once in a while. Might be a better option than just going out in the desert and hope that whatever money I could get for the house would last long enough for my retirement to start. Right now, I think my social security would be a little over $300 a month if I were old enough to retire. That would take some doing to live on that. Food stamps and subsidized housing? But I hate apartment living like in the subsidized retirement housing here in Pensacola that I've seen. It was a nice enough place but they are always telling you what to do around your home, if you can call it YOUR home. I think I would rather live in my van. Gets too crowded, just move along.
  I never have gotten along to well with anyone telling me what to do. I used to have a lot of trouble keeping a job way back when because of that little personality trait. The best people I ever worked for, I quit like 6 or 7 times in less than 2 years. Never got my paid vacation from them and they were the only ones I ever worked for that would give anyone a paid vacation. At least anyone at my level of employment. That's the company my older brother and me were working for when he fell and died from his injuries. He would have had it made if he wouldn't have died. He was in no way dumb but he wasn't as smart as me, but he could handle people without getting angry. Actually, he had no problems with getting people to do as he said. I kinda figured he would get into the company at the level where all he had to do was keep office people happy and come around and tell me what needed doing. I was very good at getting things done, even if I had to do everything myself. I remember one job I had in Houston where I fired the whole crew one time for just playing on the job when i had to leave for something and they had done absolutely nothing when I got back. I had to work all weekend by myself to get things caught up. And then, on Monday the office sent one of the worst instigators of the problems from the week before, back out for me to keep working. He owed the owner too much money to just fire him. I quit them over that till they begged me to stay and promised to keep him away from me and any job I was on. I was mad as hell that I had sacrificed my entire weekend and worked by myself to make up for loss of time on the job so material deliveries wouldn't get stacked up and cause problems and then they just keep that little jerk on. And to top all that off, when work ran out and layoffs started, he was the one to keep his job and me and my crew at the time were the first ones to be layed off. I also found situation like that in many companies i would work for. The people that actually do the work get laid off before the butt kissers, and some times, the butt kissers never miss a pay check.Gotta go. Not having a real problem this time but stirring up old anger and I don't want to start Cathy's day off with me being angry before she even gets out of bed. And I don't want to have to take a Xanax any sooner than I feel is necessary to cope with leaving the house. Later.

No comments: